Some places worth checking out:
1) Kasprowy Wierch cable car. You can buy the tickets online or at Krupowki 48 to avoid the queue in Kuznice (the starting point).
2) Gubalowka funicular railway. Beautiful Tatra Mountains panorama from the top included (in the winter there's an outstanding Land Of The Light spectacle).
3) Oscypek Museum - you can see how the most popular highlander's cheese is made and follow all the stages of its production according to a traditional recipe. In addition, a presentation about where the shepherds came from to the Tatra Mountains, what is kosor, ferula or pucenie.
On site, there is a shop with the highest quality highland cheese.
Address: ul. Jagiellońska 28
Opening hours, tickets, additional information: muzeumoscypka.pl
4) Tatra Educational Park (Tatrzański Park Edukacyjny) - beautifully situated, full of wonderful animals, including: marmots, foxes, deers - a total of 10 different species (some of them can be fed). In addition, learning and fun zones for children and a playground in the form of a rope park.
Current information: facebook.com/TatrzanskiParkEdukacyjny
Address: ul. Józefa Piłsudskiego 38, near Wielka Krokiew (so it can be combined with a visit to the ski jumping hill)
5) Treetop Walk Bachledka – in Slovakia, about 40 km away from Zakopane: amazing views from a wooden walkway built at the level of the treetops.
6) Morskie Oko – a 20 km drive to Parking Palenica Białczańska (by a car or by a bus - starting point at the main train station: "Dworzec PKP") and then a 8 km walk to the most picturesque mountain lake in Poland.
There's a mountain hostel at the lake. While there (and still feeling strong) make an extra effort and check Czarny Staw Pod Rysami - another amazing mountain lake. It takes another hour to get there.
7) Rafting and canoes - Dunajec, Sromowce, Szczawnica. We highly recommend the company Fun Time.
Contact: +48 608 806 030
8) We also highly recommend a useful page for route planning (with the transition time calculator) on the hiking trails:
You can also download a convenient application on your phone (both on iOS and Android systems): "Mapa Turystyczna" (in Polish and English).
TAXI (mention "Maria Maka" for a discount):
1) +48 794 958 119 (Dawid)
2) +48 604 230 200 (Wojtek)
1) the Tatra Educational Park already mentioned :)
2) TPN Nature Education Center (Centrum Edukacji Przyrodniczej TPN) - the modernized TPN Nature Education Center is the most modern facility of this type in our region. Inside there is a 4D cinema, the largest model of the Tatra Mountains in Poland, a discovery room, a shop with unique mountain gadgets and publications, and many other attractions. Admission is free :)
Mandatory entry reservation: biletycep.tpn.pl
Address: ul. Chałubińskiego 42a (2.6 km from our house :) )
3) GuGu Rope Park - the park is located near Wielka Krokiew (Piłsudskiego Street). It provides a number of attractions for the youngest, those slightly older and adults. After exciting fun, you can relax here on a huge clearing overlooking the mountains. In the relaxation area there is also a small playground with a sandpit and a trampoline, and a bar with hot and cold drinks, snacks and regional dishes. There is also the possibility of organizing special events with an outdoor barbecue.
4) Góralski Ślizg - a gigantic, eight-lane slide reaching the height of a five-story building. The slide is located in the very center of Zakopane, on the square just below the funicular railway to Gubałówka.